SEO for Web Developer
It was supposed to be released last week on September 24, but it seems to be delayed. I am talking about the first book of its kind, called: “Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP” published by Wrox in their “Professional” Series.
The book covers the following topics:
- basic SEO concepts
- building search engine friendly URLs
- content relocation and the HTTP status codes
- duplicate content
- web syndication and social bookmarking
- discussion of black hat SEO
- IP cloaking, geo-targeting, and IP delivery
- enhancing existing websites for better Search Engine performance
- a complete case study demonstrating an optimized e-commerce catalog
May be I should called the post Web Development for SEO Marketers instead. PHP is the language of choice for most SEO Tools, but a lot of SEO Marketers are not Developers themselves and rely on hired or contracted Developers which are plenty available at freelance resources like eLance, RentACoder or ScriptLance.
The problem is that the Marketers often know what they need but feel uncomfortable with having an outsider gaining knowledge about their trade secrets which are essential to their business. This book might be able to help some of the SEO Marketers to learn some PHP themselves.
Not to become a full fledged Developer, but to be able to write some basic tools or to break up the development of more complex tools into pieces having multiple freelance coders work on it and then piece the individual modules together themselves which would reduce the risk that a single third party gains too much of their secret knowledge about SEO.
Hey Greg “WebGuerrilla” Boser. You mentioned during the last few SEO Rockstars shows at WebmasterRadio.fm that you can’t find a reliable coder for your business. If you are still looking for a coder in southern California, but haven’t found one yet, this book is may be something for you.
Latest posts by Carsten Cumbrowski (see all)
- SEO Concerns and Product Update Issues with Affiliate Product Data Feeds - March 17, 2009
- eComXpo 2009 – The Virtual Tradeshow for Internet Marketers – Now Open - January 28, 2009
- Affiliate Summit West 2009 Recap and the Issues Ahead for the Year 2009 and Beyond - January 17, 2009